Wednesday, July 25, 2018
Bergoglian Predator Bishop Insists He’s Done Nothing Wrong
Juan Jose Pineda: “There is Nothing Against Me, I Askedto Resign, Myself”
Edit: sometimes there’s a good reason that people are on the margins.
(Tegucigalpa) Last Saturday, Pope Francis retired the right hand of Cardinal Oscar Rodriguez Maradiaga as Auxiliary Bishop of Tegucigalpa in Honduras. Msgr. Juan Jose Pineda Fasquelle confirmed the impression attached to this retirement.
Msgr. Pineda had been in the headlines since the end of 2017, with the real criticism being directed at the Pope's confidant Cardinal Maradiaga. Pope Francis had sent a confidant to Honduras a year ago to see to it, but remained inactive.
It was not until public pressure became too great that the need to take action in Rome was felt. The Honduran media had reported early, but they were not weighty enough. It was not until the Italian weekly L'Espresso announced the matter that an international response took shape.
The impression: Cardinal Maradiaga supported his suffragan bishop, while Cardinal Maradiaga was supported by Pope Francis. Maradiaga in turn supported the current pontificate. In order for this to continue to be so, the auxiliary bishop now had to give up his office, as the case had become intolerable, apparently to bring the cardinal out of the line of fire. In some ways, the Pineda case recalls the Barros case.
Pineda was retired on Saturday. But no sanctions were announced against him, which surprised observers in Rome and Tegucigalpa. Rather, it was said that he - for some unknown reason - asked for his resignation. The Pope had only met this wish. That's certainly not true.
But Pineda seems so sure of his ropes that he can dare go on the offensive. After announcing his retirement, he frankly asked the media questions. He told the most important newspapers, from El Heraldo to La Prensa to La Tribuna, and radio stations, that he had been retired at his request. He wants to turn to “new tasks.”Above all, he stressed that there are no sanctions against him. He himself had asked Rome for inquiries, which should give the impression of a self-report. That, too, does not correspond to the facts. The thrust is clear.
"There are no charges against me," Pineda said in an interview with TV station TN5.
In view of the media reports about his double life and his financial management, such statements are bold. They can only be explained by the fact that Pineda feels secure that no charge is made against him.
"It is better for one to die than for the whole people to save themselves."
Such a strange, cryptic statement by the former auxiliary bishop.
Anyone who wants to accuse him of something should do so with the competent courts so that he can defend himself. Since there are no such allegations, he has nothing to say about it. In any case, he would not comment on any allegations about the media.
Text: Giuseppe Nardi
Image: Heraldo (screenshot)