Wednesday, April 4, 2012

2nd review of Injustice Against Father Guarnizo

Edit: Just got this note from "Father Anonymous". It's been posted elsewhere, including Rorate. We'll post it here too. he was a lot more respectful to Ed Peters than I would have been. There's no telling what's going on with Father McDonald.

Canon Law Info

 Father Anonymous Responds

 I would like to take a moment to thank Father Stuart MacDonald and Doctor Ed Peters for their ready willingness to dialogue regarding the canonical case of Father Guarnizo in the Archdiocese of Washington, DC. As canon lawyers, each of us sees that our canonical judgments are limited to the currently available information. The Truth is what we all seek. By way of review, my defense had two parts.

Part 1 - Father Guarnizo sufficiently satisfied the conditions for canon 915.
Part 2 - I question the canonical liceity regarding Father Guarnizo’s “administrative leave”.

 This article serves as a response to their various and thoughtful criticisms regarding certain points of my initial canonical defense of Father Guarnizo. I attempt to make my original points more explicit

. Read further...

No comments: