Sunday, January 31, 2016

Bishop Refuses to Apologize for Doing His Job

[Courageous Priest] In my recent Pastoral Letter, I wrote that the Alberta Government Gender Guidelines issued on January 13 show no evidence of consultation with, or sensitivity to, the Catholic community. They breathe pure secularism. This approach and directive smack of the madness of relativism and the forceful imposition of a particular narrow-minded anti-Catholic ideology.

If you are reading this piece in the hopes of discovering an apology and/or a retraction, you might as well stop reading right now. That’s simply not going to happen.

I have received considerable support for what I said and the way in which I said it. Nevertheless, there were a few “nay-sayers” some have called for my resignation, others have resorted to unpublishable name calling, and of course, there were several references to the famous catch-all these days, “Who are you to judge?” The later suggesting that I was espousing a teaching contrary to the openness of Pope Francis.


http://www.courageouspriest.com/courageous-news-bishop-henry-apology-retraction?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+courageouspriest%2FqTKF+%28Courageous+Priest%29

No comments: